Friday, December 6, 2013

A Message from Mike

Hello Everyone!

Next week we are wrapping up our 5th full year as a show and what a year it has been. We played 4 albums in full to celebrate 2003 in music. We celebrated the 5 year anniversary of our first ever show in October and we had a number of special shows throughout the year. Without each and every one of you listening, none of this could ever happen.

However with that being said, great things like this show don't last forever. Over the last year or so, my life has taken a dramatic turn in a different direction (for the better). I recently started a new job in North Jersey and signed an apartment lease in Union County with my wonderful girlfriend Diana. With WTSR being much farther away and my life moving forward, I have decided to leave the show and WTSR after 6 incredible years on the air.

I can assure everyone that despite my decision to move on from the show, Tom, Don, Craig and I will continue to be best of friends. These 3 guys (especially Tom who has been there since day 1) have been amazing to do the show with, go to concerts with, and just be friends with. I cannot thank them enough for everything they have done for me and for this show.

I also owe a huge thank you to all the listeners and callers we have had over the last 5 years. There are a few of you that have been calling in since the day we started. There are some we have gotten letters from (sorry I haven't been able to write back, I promise I will soon). We've even gotten Christmas cards, artwork, and a 5 year anniversary card from you guys. I cannot believe that so many people have stuck with us for so long and it is incredible when you think about it. We owe everything to you guys.

As far as the future goes, the Mike and Tom Awesome Show (in some form) WILL GO ON! Tom plans on doing the show as long as he possibly can. Craig and Don I'm sure will be making their usual appearances and as for myself, I do plan on visiting every once in a while when I can. But with my work schedule and the logistics of getting to WTSR, it is impossible to do on a regular basis.

The Top Albums of 2013 Countdown on December 14th will be my final show as a regular member. Thank you again to all of you for the last 5 years. I will never forget these great times and will carry them with me for the rest of my life!

Merry Christmas to you all!

Mike Leatherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment